Gantt Chart Software

In order to plan out a successful project, it is important that my time management is accurate, achievable and consistent. To ensure that I am on track to achieve milestones and major deadlines, I have created a Gantt chart that specifies all the individual tasks that I will encounter throughout the project.

Before starting the Gantt chart, I researched into a variety of different project management softwares that would best fit my needs. During the lecture about Gantt charts and how they can be optimised to there full potential, the example used was a Mac OS based software called Merlin Project. However, the only down-side to Merlin Project is that it requires a monthly or annual fee to use. For cost effective reasons, I was on the search for a free package that offered similar functionality. After testing several web-based software (Zoho, Agantty and TeamGantt), I decided to use TeamGantt. It has a very contemporary interface and has similar features to what Merlin Project has to offer. The one disadvantage to TeamProjetc (I found this same issue with a lot of the free project management software) is that it doesn't allow me to input in 'hour' but only 'days'. This is not a huge issue, but will require extra care and attention to detail when I work of milestones, deadlines and costs for the project.

I have split my Gantt chart into three sections:
  • Pre-Production
  • Production
  • Post-Production
Here is a screenshot of my pre-production section:



As you can see, I have split it up into individual tasks that are specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and time-based. I have also assigned individuals to each task which will help me to keep track of who is responsible and what role they will undertake. For example purposes, I set the 'Produce app design' task to a completion state of 25%. This helps me to keep track of each task which is clearly represented within this software.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Personal Reflection and Future Developments