Client Feedback

As outlined in my project Gantt chart, I aimed to keep in regular communication with the client to ensure that the product is on track with the development and that the client is happy with the progress. It is very important to keep in regular communication with the client as they need to be satisfied with the product. It is also vital to conduct testing with the client with sufficient time remaining before the deadline ti implement any changes.

I gave Dan (my contact for this project at Dynamic) a tour of the app and its current functionality in which he provided the following feedback:


As discussed, I have a few comments for consideration re the functionality (I know you are planning to do more on the design so I wont comment on that)
  1. I wasn’t sure about the vote up/down feature for the whole course/topic. As there are up to 8 individual top tips/best practice shares in each topic, these should be graded for their own merit. Therefore I suggest a vote up and down / swipe left or right to enable this, on each card. This then gives the total ‘Up’ or ‘down’ grade for the front menu screen. So, taking Project Management as a topic, If there were 8 cards in there (I also think you should display how many cards are being used in each topic on the menu) and 7 out of 8 got ‘Up’ or positive swipes then I know at a glance there are 7 suggestions my colleagues have agreed on in that subject, and I can then compare that to the other topic scores. From this I know which topic we are all mainly in agreement on best practice suggestions if that makes sense.
  2. I think making the character set in each card match the number used in Twitter posts would be really useful as you could then show its potential integration with the Twitter App. If a user really liked a suggestion or best practice on a topic, they could push it out to their twitter feed – its almost like a re-tweet feature used in Twitter. This get more exposure to the idea.


Dan outlined some very interesting points that I had not considering in the opening stages of the development. I think that collaborating the app with Twitter would be beneficial to both the user and to also market the app. I have taken all the feedback into contention and aim to implement the functionality of these over the forthcoming weeks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Personal Reflection and Future Developments