Proposal Update / Strategy for Testing and Evaluation

Before I go onto what strategies I intend to implement throughout the process of my project, I want to briefly mention the advancements with my project idea and I have now outlined a concept that I believe is unique, targets a specific audience and has a need. My concept is to design and develop a collaborative eLearning app that offers 'bitesize' content. The user would log in/make a profile and be able to post content on any subject that they feel would be beneficial to colleagues within a business. This content would be showed in small, digestible sections. To avoid false/incorrect content being posted, I would incorporate an up vote/down vote system.

Now that I have described the product in question, I need to think about which testing and evaluation methods I would deploy to ensure I gather the appropriate data that will support the need and functionality of my product.

There is a lot of important data that will need to be collected before any of the design or development process is started. I need to gain an understanding of what the target audience wants and what requirements I will need to take into consideration based on the data that I receive. For this, I believe a SURVEY would be best suited as I would be able to specify the questions based on my objectives. A survey can also be sent to a large audience with the hope of receiving a large proportion back resulting in a good set of data that can be analysed and compared.

Through the development process, it is vital that the product is tested and not just at the end of the project. Things can change. For my project personally, I intend to use a combination of HEURISTIC TESTING, FOCUS GROUPS and USER OBSERVATION. As I am familiar with the eLearning industry and have many connections, I believe that heuristic testing and focus groups will be particularly good as I will be able to receive feedback from experts who have a wealth of experience in the industry. In terms of user observation, I feel like this strategy will be more useful further down the development line. I also feel like conducting a user observation test to someone with eLearning experience and someone with none at all could be very beneficial. To conduct the user observation testing, I would give the participant background information of the product but would not advise on how to operate the product. By doing this, this will give me a clear insight to how someone reacts when using the product for the first time.

Testing and evaluating a product is very important and it is easy to get lost in your own thoughts and opinions. I will ensure that I incorporate several testing stages within my project plan.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Personal Reflection and Future Developments